We LOVE our volunteers!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Valley View Cares. We wouldn't be able to do what God has called us to do without them.
As you can imagine, it takes all types of people with a wide variety of skill sets and passions. And it takes people who love people and want to serve them well.
How To Become A Volunteer with Valley View Cares
It's very easy. First of all, we invite you to join us for one of our Lobby-to-Market Tours. We offer two each month, one on the second Friday of the month at 4pm and one on the fourth Saturday of the month at 12pm. You will see Valley View Cares in action and learn all about he growing need in our area as well as what makes us unique in serving our guests well.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Friend of Valley View Cares
- Be willing to invite ten friends to join a Lobby-to-Market Tour over the next 3 months.
Market Team Member
- Team members work one-on-one with assisting guests with their shopping.
- Processing food and restocking the Market.
- Someone to lead this team of people who will pray for Valley View Cares and engage others to do the same.
- People willing to call each guest after their first visit to welcome them and to pray with them if appropriate.
- Teams of two excited to share Valley View Cares with other businesses, organizations, schools, hospitals, etc. These teams will pray and see where and whom God leads them to speak with in Douglas, Elbert, Arapahoe, and Jefferson counties with the purpose of telling the Valley View Cares story and building more partnerships.
The Waiting Room
- Anyone who enjoys listening and loving on guests in our waiting area until they are brought through the market.
- Foundation and grant writers to obtain funds to sustain Valley View Cares
- Able to fill in for a day and drive the Valley View Cares van/trailer to pick up all deliveries. A clean driving record and a days training is required.
- Anyone with an SUV, van, or truck that could pick up small donations around the area.
- Unload the truck of incoming deliveries--must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Sorting and dating incoming food.
- Cleaning storage bins.
- We love being creative and hearing how the Lord is leading you to join our team of volunteers. We will talk and process together with you to discover the best fit for how God has wired you to serve.
- At least 2 hours, one day per week.
Training & Qualifications
Whether you enjoy working one-on-one with people who are facing hard times, enjoy work and getting your hands dirty, or working behind the scenes with general office help, all are needed to help make great things happen in our community. Depending on what you will be doing with Valley View Cares, we will make sure you have what you need and are trained to be ready to serve.
Please contact Pastor Robert Peterson at 303-794-6481 x118.